Update Zebra BI visuals in your Power BI reports
According to the latest developments of Zebra BI custom visuals and its acceptance to Microsoft's Appsource/Marketplace in the month of November 2019, we would like to inform you as our valued user, that in order to use our newest version of custom viusals 4.0.0. - Appsource version of Zebra BI, an upgrade within your Zebra BI member account profile will be needed.
In doing so you will able to fully explore all of the new and improved functionalities of the latest version and most of all you will be able to export your Power BI reports to (.pdf) and (.ppt) formats. This will come into effect in January 2020 when this exact version of Zebra BI will be formally certified by Microsoft. Isn't that fantastic news?!
Furthermore, once you switch to the AppSource version, all subsequent updates and upgrades of Zebra BI visuals will be automatically applied to all of your reports.
To make this upgrade as simple and easy to understand for you, we have prepared a list of detailed instructions accompanied with screenshots below. This is a one-time procedure to switch your reports to the latest AppSource version of Zebra BI:
- Make a copy of one of your existing PBIX reports which contain our visuals
- Import the newest version of Zebra BI visuals from the marketplace / see the instructions
At this point you will have both, the old version and the new version of our visuals in your Power BI Visualizations pane:
- Click on (select) one of your existing Zebra BI Charts visuals in the report and then click on the new Zebra BI Charts icon in the Visualizations pane (this will update it to the new AppSource version). The same applies for the Zebra BI Tables visual.
- Enter the license key
When you decide to upgrade to Zebra BI version 4.0, send us an email at [email protected] and we'll upgrade your member profile, where you'll obtain your license key.You will have to enter the license key once for Zebra BI Charts visual and once for Zebra BI Tables visual.
Click on the Zebra BI Info button at the top-right of the new visual:
Next click Enter license key and paste the license key you received from us into the window that will appear infront of you:
Please repeat steps 3 and 4 also for Zebra BI Tables visual.
- At this point, you have both of our new visuals licensed in your Power BI. Every Power BI designer in your company will have to go through this process in order to license his existing Zebra BI visuals. The viewers don't have to do anything, they will see the visuals in reports by default once you publish/share them.
- To successfully finish the upgrade, you need to repeat Step 3 on all of the remaining visuals in your Power BI report(s) and switch them to the new/Appsource version. Please DO NOT FORGET to save all of your changes!
- Once you have switched all Zebra BI visuals to the new AppSource version, click on the three dots (...) menu again, doublecheck that there are no visuals left in your report ("0 associated tiles") and delete the old versions as shown in the picture: